Fabulous Carrot Cake recipe – Make this at home
Fabulous Carrot Cake recipe, Carrot cake is a cake that contains carrots as one of its main ingredients. It is usually moist and dense, and often filled and topped with cream cheese frosting. Carrot cake is often associated with special occasions such as Easter, although it is also a popular choice for birthdays and other celebrations.
There are many different recipes for carrot cake, but most include shredded carrots, eggs, oil, sugar, flour, baking powder, and spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg. Some recipes also include raisins, nuts, or pineapple.
The cake is often decorated with carrots, nuts, or cream cheese frosting.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Carrot cake is thought to have originated in England in the 18th century. However, the earliest known recipe for carrot cake comes from America, and was published in 1827. Carrot cake became popular in the United States in the 1950s.
There are many different ways to enjoy carrot cake. It can be served plain, or with frosting, cream cheese, or ice cream. It can also be served with a variety of toppings, such as chocolate, fruit, or nuts.
Read more Fabulous Recipe News
Carrot Cake Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Carrot Cake Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9×13 inch baking pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into the egg mixture.
- Mix in the carrots and walnuts. Divide batter evenly between the pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until desired consistency is reached.
The following is a nutritional breakdown of one slice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting:
- Calories: 430
- Total Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
How to Serve
Carrot cake can be served plain or with frosting, cream cheese, or ice cream. It can also be served with a variety of toppings, such as chocolate, fruit, or nuts.
Best time to eat
Carrot cake is a popular choice for special occasions such as Easter, although it can be enjoyed any time of year.