Delicious high protein Cheesecake Recipe, Now make one at home
A Cheesecake recipe is a dessert recipe that typically consists of a base made from crushed biscuits or cookies, a creamy filling made from soft cheese, eggs and milk, and a topping made from fruit, cream or melted chocolate.
There are many different types of cheesecake, including New York-style, Japanese-style, Philadelphia-style and no-bake cheesecake. New York-style cheesecake is the most common type of cheesecake in the United States, and is characterized by its dense, creamy texture and rich flavor.
Japanese-style cheesecake, on the other hand, is much lighter and fluffier in texture, and often has a soufflé-like consistency. Philadelphia-style cheesecake is similar to New York-style cheesecake, but does not contain any cream cheese in the filling. Finally, no-bake cheesecake is made without eggs and does not require baking.
The earliest known cheesecake recipe was found in a cookbook from ancient Greece, and the dish is thought to have originated on the island of Samos. Cheesecake then spread to Rome, where it was adopted by the Romans as a savory dish and served as a starter or side dish.
It was not until the 18th century that cheesecake began to be made in the sweet, dessert style that we know today.
Cheesecake is a good source of protein and calcium, and can also help you to feel fuller for longer due to its high fat content.
-The average American consumes around 30 pounds of cheese each year.
-Cheesecake is thought to have originated in ancient Greece.
-The earliest known recipe for cheesecake is found in a cookbook from Rome.
-The average cheesecake has between 500 and 1,000 calories.
-The word “cheesecake” first appeared in print in 1837.
Related Recipe News:
- Grandma’s instant delicious One-Pan Goulash Recipe
- Delicious Chicken Alfredo Recipe, Flavor Tips and Much More!
- Classic Gumbo Recipe your family will surely like it
- This Fabulous Easy Pasta Salad Recipe Practically Makes Itself
- Magical Peach Cobbler Recipe With Crispy Sugar Crust
Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
Cheesecake Recipe Instruction:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, heat preserves over low heat until melted; spoon over cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator.
Note – Cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Best time to Eat Cheesecake
The best time to eat cheesecake is typically in the evening or at night, as it is a dessert. However, there are no hard and fast rules about when to eat cheesecake, so feel free to enjoy it at any time of day!
How to serve Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake can be served plain, or with a variety of toppings such as fruit, cream, chocolate or caramel.
Follow us for more Exciting Recipe News. Share Cheesecake Recipe with your friends and family.