Best Chicken Chettinad Recipe To Make Your Taste Buds Happy
This Chicken Chettinad is the best chicken recipe worth trying at home. A spicy, peppery chicken curry cooked in authentic Chettinad paste bound with onions and coconut. Bring a bit of magic to your palate and heaven to your taste buds with this southern-style dish.
Chicken Chettinad is a fabulous dish that comes from South India, made with fresh herbs and spices and chicken. There are many different versions that came of the dish but the authentic chicken Chettinad’s always tastes the same other than the color, sprinkle of spices, and texture.
If you are looking for a tasty chicken Chettinad recipe that is sure to please, this is the one for you. You can make it with or without chili and it is not too spicy so all generations will enjoy it. The recipe is as close to the restaurant-style and favorable to blow your mind.
You can serve the Chicken Chettinad with plain jeera rice or can also add some ghee to it. It can make a better combo with mint or pudina chutney.
The ingredients for Chettinad chicken
- 550 gms chicken
- 150 gms onions
- 2 gms cloves
- 5 gms cumin
- 2 gms curry leaves
- 100 gms tomatoes
- 10 gms turmeric powder
- 2 gms cardamoms
- 2 gms cinnamon sticks
- 25 gms coriander leaves
- 100 gms onions
- 50-gram fennel seeds
- 50 gms ginger
- 20 gms cumin seeds
- 25 gms peppercorns
- 10 gms red chilies
- 50 gms garlic
- 100 gms coconut
The processes for Chicken Chettinad
1. Chop the ingredients for the paste.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the paste together.
3. Cut up the chicken and marinate them in the prepared paste for as long as required.
4. Chop some vegetables and spices (for example, tomatoes, onions, and coriander leaves).
5. Heat oil and add a mix of spices to it (for example, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and cumin).
6. Add the onion and curry leaves to the pan while cooking and let them cook until they are golden brown in color.
7. Add tomato to this mixture and allow it to cook until soft (approx 5 minutes).
8. Add the chicken pieces to this mixture and allow it to cook through with a timer set or check cooking at random intervals (approx 20 mins).
This Chicken Chettinad recipe is a delicious, hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal. The combination of spices and the succulent chicken makes for a flavorful and comforting dish that will leave you feeling satisfied. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for a new chicken dinner to add to your repertoire.
Some Other Recipes
Roasted Chana Recipe: Try this Protein rich Snack at Home
Recipes For Grilled Veggies | Delicious And Healthy Diet
Perfect Easy Dinner Recipe: With Experience In Every Bite