Chicken Parmesan: A Recipe That’s Worth The Effort
This chicken parmesan recipe is one of our family’s favorites. It’s easy to make and so delicious. The chicken is coated in a seasoned breadcrumb mixture, then pan-fried until golden brown. It’s then simmered in a homemade tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. Serve over-cooked pasta for a complete meal. Enjoy!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and milk.
- Place chicken in the bread crumb mixture, making sure each piece is well coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over chicken and spread evenly.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
You can garnish your chicken parmesan with fresh parsley, basil, or oregano.
How to eat
Enjoy your chicken parmesan over a plate of cooked pasta. Top with extra sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition This chicken parmesan recipe is packed with flavor and nutrients.
Each serving provides:
- Calories: 590
- Protein: 41
- grams Carbohydrates: 36
- grams Fiber: 4
- grams Fat: 27
- grams Saturated fat: 8
- grams Cholesterol: 143
- milligrams Sodium: 1,470
- milligrams Potassium: 890
- milligrams Vitamin A: 15%
- Vitamin C: 10%
- Calcium: 30%
- Iron: 15%
Chicken parmesan is thought to have originated in Southern Italy.
Story behind chicken parmesan
Chicken parmesan is a popular dish in Italy and around the world. It’s a classic comfort food that is perfect for any occasion.
FOR MORE RECIPIES: