Want softest dahi bhalla at home Try this Dahi bhalla recipe
Dahi bhalla recipe, Make the softest Dahi Bhalla at home with this authentic recipe. Dahi Bada which we call in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, in Delhi they are commonly called Dahi Bhalla.
Well, whatever you call them bottom line, they are delicious and a must for festivals. So what is Dahi Bhalle? These are deep fried pakoras made from urad and moong lentils.
They are served with curd and chutney and that is what makes them so delicious.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
The yogurt that is used in Dahi Bhalla is thick, creamy, chilled and sweetened with sugar, and then poured over soft vadas. During serving time, green chutney as well as sweet chutney are poured over them. They are followed by a generous amount of roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, red chili powder, sev, black salt, coriander leaves and completed with a vibrant dusting of pink-colored pomegranate seeds.
Read more Delicious Recipe news
You can use any of the ingredients for garnishing according to your taste. Let’s check the recipe of delicious dahi bhallas below:
Ingredients: Dahi bhalla recipe
- 1 cup urad dal
- 2 cup curd fresh
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup moong dal
- 1 red chili
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 cup hot water
- ¼ tsp hing or asafoetida
How to prepare sweetened dahi:
- Take 2 cups of curd and add sugar and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
How to Prepare: Dahi bhalla recipe
- Soak the urad dal for 5 hours.
- Now, drain off all the water and transfer the dal to the grinder with 1 chili and ginger. Blend a smooth paste and add water if required. Do not mix much water otherwise it becomes watery.
- Take a large bowl and transfer the blended dal to it.
- Take ¼ cup soaked moong dal to the blender and blend a smooth paste with it and transfer it to the same urad dal batter.
- Now, add 1 tsp of salt and mix well.
- You should make a thick batter, if it is watery you can add rice flour to it.
- Place a kadai on the stove and add oil to it.
- With the help of a spoon or by hand, drop a spoonful of batter in the oil to fry on a medium flame.
- Stir occasionally until the vada turns golden and crisp.
- Now, drain off the vada over tissues to remove excess oil out of it.
- Take a large bowl and add 5 cups of hot water. Add ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp hing and mix well.
- Now drop the fried vadas into the hot water and dip completely.
- Soak these vadas for 30 minutes until vada absorbs water.
- To serve, squeeze off the water and transfer to the plate.
How to serve dahi bhallas:
- Take a plate and place squeezed vada on it.
- Pour some sweetened dahi over the vedas.
- Pour some green chutney and tamarind chutney as per your taste over it.
- Sprinkle some chili powder, chaat masala, and cumin powder all over it.
- Top with some boondi (optional) and coriander.
- Your dahi bhallas or vadas are ready to eat.
We bet you, these dahi bhalla chaat will take you to heaven because of its salty and sugary taste mixed with spices. These flavors are mesmerizingly addictive and you cannot resist them. Experience our dahi bhalla recipe and get the taste of diverse flavors in your mouth.