When It Comes to the Egg Salad Recipe, Simple and Classic
Egg Salad Recipe, Egg salad is a dish made from chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, diced celery, diced onion, and diced green bell pepper. It is usually served on bread, crackers, or as a side dish.
Egg is a common food ingredient found in many cuisines. Eggs are a versatile ingredient and can be used in sweet or savory dishes. Egg yolks and egg whites are used separately in cooking. Egg yolks are a rich source of fat and protein, while egg whites are mostly protein.
Eggs can be cooked in many different ways, including scrambling, frying, poaching, and hard-boiling. They can also be used in baking and as an ingredient in other dishes, such as omelets and quiches.
If you are on a diet or have high cholesterol, you should eat egg salad in moderation.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Eggs are a common allergen, and some people may have an intolerance to eggs. People with egg allergies should avoid eating eggs or eating foods that contain eggs.
Egg salad has been a popular dish in the United States since the late 19th century. It is thought to have originated from a dish called “egg Mimosa” that was popular in France during the same time period. Egg salad was originally made with hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and mustard. Over time, the ingredients and methods of preparation have changed, and egg salad is now made with a variety of different ingredients. Egg salad is a high-fat, high-cholesterol dish. It is also high in sodium.
Read more Fabulous recipe News
Egg Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb. hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red grapes
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Egg Salad Recipe Instruction
- Boil the eggs in a pot with water to cover, for about 15 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and place them in a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Peel the eggs, then slice them in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Discard the yolks or save them for another use.
- Dice the egg whites and celery, and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, grapes, apple, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper to the bowl, and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 191
- Total Fat: 15.7g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- Sodium: 566mg
- Total Carbs: 7.7g
- Protein: 5.5g
How to serve
Serve egg salad on a bed of lettuce, on crackers, or on bread as a sandwich.
Best time to eat and benefits
Egg salad is a great dish to eat for lunch or as a light dinner. The protein in the eggs will help to fill you up, and the vegetables provide essential vitamins and minerals.
Eggs are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin B12, selenium, and choline. Eggs are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.