Mouth watering Fried Chicken Recipe – Worth Trying
Chicken is a popular choice of a meal when you’re on the go, but why settle for store-bought when you can make your own? This fried chicken recipe is easy to make and full of flavor. Whether you’re looking for something new on the dinner table or just want to impress your guests, this fried chicken recipe is absolutely perfect!
This mouth-watering fried chicken recipe is perfect for all your fried chicken cravings! It’s simple to make and great for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, and pepper; set aside. Now In a small pan over low heat, bring milk to a simmer. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, the heat adds 3 tablespoons of oil. Add bell pepper and onion; cook until softened. Stir in mustard Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar; cook until mixture is heated.
- Add milk mixture to onion mixture and stir well. Put batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper; set aside. Stir in butter, mustard, and onion mixture until a crumbly texture is achieved (do not over-mix). Sprinkle cornmeal mixture evenly over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the top is bubbling.
- Serve hot with your favorite mustard!
Steps Involved in Fried Chicken Recipe
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Coat the chicken into the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
Step 3: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
Step 4: Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve hot!
Fried chicken is a classic dish that just about any person can enjoy. Whether you’re cooking it at home or grabbing some takeout, this mouthwatering fried chicken recipe will have your taste buds singing for joy. Not to mention, the recipe is easy enough for anyone to follow, so don’t hesitate to give it a try soon!