Classic Gumbo Recipe your family will surely like it
Gumbo recipe, Gumbo is a soup that is popular in the southern United States, especially in Louisiana. It is a thick soup that is made with a variety of meats and vegetables. The most common meats that are used in gumbo are chicken, sausage, and shrimp. The most common vegetables that are used in gumbo are celery, bell peppers, and onions. Gumbo is usually served over rice.
Gumbo is a very hearty soup and is perfect for a cold winter day. The soup is very filling and will leave you feeling satisfied. The different meats and vegetables that are used in gumbo give the soup a lot of flavor. The soup is also very spicy, so if you are not a fan of spice, you may want to avoid gumbo.
If you are looking for a new soup to try, I would highly recommend gumbo. It is a delicious soup that is sure to please everyone in your family. Gumbo originated in Louisiana in the 18th century. It is a descendant of the African dish, gumbo z’herbes.
Gumbo Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 lb chicken, diced
- 1 lb sausage, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp gumbo file powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups rice
Gumbo Recipe Instructions:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the celery, bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the gumbo file powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Serve hot.
This Fabulous Easy Pasta Salad Recipe Practically Makes Itself
Magical Peach Cobbler Recipe With Crispy Sugar Crust
Unexpected Ingredient That Will Elevate Your Pecan pie recipe
The Easiest Basil Pesto Recipe You’ll Ever Make
Nutrition value Per serving:
- Calories: 670
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 235 mg
- Sodium: 2120 mg
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Protein: 38 g
Best time to eat
Gumbo is best eaten during the winter months when it is cold outside.
How to serve
Gumbo can be served with a side of rice or some crusty bread.
Read more short story: