Try this homemade Veg Momos Recipe! It’s Very Delicious and Easy!
This is one of the easy and popular veg momos recipes to try at home. Those who will eat will say where it is ordered from?
This Chinese food is loved by every age group and the young generation is completely crazy for this food. People who are fond of eating momos can enjoy it by making this Chinese street food at home to pacify their craving.
Momo is a Tibetian originated word which means steamed bread. The story of momo within Nepal is traced back to the 14th century. Momo was first an indigenous Newari food item in Nepal’s Kathmandu valley. The food was then introduced to Tibet, China and as far as Japan by an Nepalese princess. Now, It is very popular in India and it is served with Red coloured chutney made of Garlic and Tomato.
If you also have the craving for this street food, you can try this veg momos recipe at your home.
Ingredients to make steamed veg momos
- 1 and half Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Cup Grated Cabbage
- 1 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Capsicum & Onion
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tsp Oil
- White Vinegar
- Soya Sauce
- Salt as per your taste
Ingredients to Momo Chutney
- 4 Tomatoes
- 8 to 10 Garlic Cloves
- ½ tsp Cornflour
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as per your taste
Procedure to Make Momo Chutney
- Take 1/2 tsp cornflour in a bowl and add 1/4 cup water and beat it well and keep aside.
- Put a good amount of water in a pan and add tomatoes and dry red chilies and boil on medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes and chillies from the water and separate their skin and grind them with garlic cloves till smooth without using water.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry the garlic and ginger paste for 1 minute on medium flame.
- Put the prepared tomato and chili paste in the pan and add cornflour mixture with salt and black pepper powder and stir it well. Now add some vinegar to it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring in medium flame. Keep it Aside Now for Rest.
- Your Tomato Garlic Momo Chutney is Ready to Serve.
Procedure To Make Stuffing
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add ginger paste and green chilies and fry for a while on low flame.
- Add onions, carrots, capsicum, and cabbage, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Roast in medium flame and keep stirring in between.
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper powder well and cook on medium flame for a few seconds and keep the pan aside to rest.
Procedure To Make Dough for Veg Momos
- Combine all purpose flour, oil and half a tsp of salt in a bowl, add water as required and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth or cover with a lid and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
Veg Momos Recipe
- To make Veg Momos, divide the dough into small round parts.
- Roll out one part of the dough according to the diameter of 3 inches and make small roti and keep one tsp stuffing in the center of the circle.
- Holding it on your palms, fold and pinch the two sides and then hold and pinch the other open side so that a crescent shape is formed
- Steam 6 momos in a steamer covered with ghee for 10 to 12 minutes and till they are cooked.
- Repeat procedure 2 to 4 to steam the remaining momos.
- Serve cooked veg momos with momo chutney and white plain mayonnaise