Craving for Biryani? Try this Indian Biryani Recipe At Your Home
Indian Biryani Recipe is loved by everyone and famous all around the world for its uniqueness and aroma. The Biryani is a traditional rice dish made of spices and meats. The regional variants include potatoes and nuts, dried fruits as well as rose water and many more. One of the main characteristics is the way of cooking which is thought to be an art form in Indian cuisine.
The most regal dishes that you can enjoy at any time of the year or during a festival Chicken Biryani is a perfect one-pot meal. There is no way to resist the delicious and fragrant Chicken Biryani recipe. It is a world-renowned Indian recipe. Biryani takes some time and effort to prepare but it is well worth all of the effort.
We have come up with the Indian Most Favorite Dish.Biryani
If you’re a lover of Indian Biryani, try this recipe at your home and make your family happy.
Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Chicken Thighs 750gm
- 2 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp ginger finely grated
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cardamon
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 ¾ tsp salt
For Boiled Rice
- 2 tsp salt
- 10 cloves
- 5 dried bay leaves
- 6 pods of green cardamom
- 2 ¼ cup of uncooked rice (basmati)
- 2 medium onions (yellow, and brown)
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 2 tsp warm water
- 1 cup coriander or cilantro
- ¼ cup ghee and unsalted butter
- Chopped coriander or cilantro
- Crispy onions
Recipe To Make Indian Biryani (Chicken)
- To marinade the chicken take a large pot and put all the marinade ingredients and leave the pot for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
For Boiled Rice
- In a pot take 3 liters of water and add salt with other spices.
- Add rice and boil the rice for 4 minutes until rice has been cooked.
- Drain immediately the water and set aside.
For Crispy Onions
- In a saucepan, heat oil and cook onion in batches for maximum 4 minutes until golden brown. Do not burn them otherwise they will become bitter.
- Remove all the onions onto a paper towel.
- Place marinated chicken pot onto the stove with medium heat and cook for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for at least 5 minutes by turning chicken twice and remove from the heat.
- Turn chicken skin side down to cover most of the base of the pot.
- Scatter the crispy onion and half from the coriander.
- Top all the rice and gently pat down to flat the entire surface.
- Drizzle the saffron across the entire rice surface in a random pattern and drizzle over ghee.
- Place the lid on and return to the stove on medium heat.
- When you see stam, turn down the heat on low then cook it for 25 minutes.
- Remove it from the stove and rest the lid for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve it with nice patches of yellow rice and white rice with curry and chicken. Use a large spoon and dig deep into the pot and scoop up as much as you can in one scoop.
- Turn onto a platter and garnish with remaining crispy onions and coriander leaves and yogurt on the side.