Make monsoon evenings better with Kadai Paneer – Recipe inside
Kadai Paneer: Paneer cooked with bell peppers in a spicy masala sauce is a popular dish known as Kadai Paneer.
I remember ordering this dish at almost every Indian restaurant with regularity. It is one of the more popular and common dishes people order there as well.
Kadai is a deep-frying pan typically used in Indian cooking. It can be used to make dishes like stir-fries and anything else you want to deep fry.Fabulous And Nosh Recipes
This dish called Kadai Paneer is cooked in a Kadai, but it can also be cooked on a wok or other pan if you don’t have one. I did not cook this dish in a Kadai!
Paneer recipes are a particular favorite of vegetarians, especially those with a big appetite. One such distinctive and spicy recipe passes through is the Kadhai Paneer Recipe choice for the unique blending of spices into the soft and moist paneer.
Read More – Want softest dahi bhalla at home Try this Dahi bhalla recipe
Kadai paneer is a traditional dish from Indian cuisine. It is a paste of finely chopped leavened bread crumbs, milk, spices, and chopped onions that are tossed in hot oil with green chilies and then baked or served.
This dish has a creamy texture but is different from the other two recipes. Paneer butter masala is also a traditional dish from Indian cuisine which consists of ground ingredients like gram flour, fresh coriander leaves, ginger-garlic paste, ginger granules, and red chili powder. In this recipe, butter is whipped into the mixture which creates a saucy flavor like shahi paneer.
Read More – Your favourite homemade mashed potatoes that are creamy and delicious
Ingredients for Kadai Paneer
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 dried Kashmiri red chili
For onion tomato paste:
- 1 onion
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tomato
- 3 clove garlic
Read More – Make your breakfast epic with this delightful Cheesy Bread Pakora Recipe
For Kadai paneer gravy:
- ½ onion
- ½ capsicum
- 1 green chili
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp cream
- 12 cube paneer/cottage cheese
Read More – Onion Pakora Recipe For This Monsoon Season in special way!
Methods for making Kadai Paneer
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat and cook the bay leaf, green chili, and Kasuri methi together until the spices are aromatic.
- Further, deep fry ½ cubed capsicum and ½ onion petals.
- Add a little turmeric and a little chili to add more flavor.
- Blend tomatoes, onions, and curry powders for Kadai Paneer.
- In addition, add ginger and prepared Kadai masala and 1 tsp salt.
- Make a great gravy by cooking until the oil starts to release.
- Now add 1-2 cups of water and adjust consistency as needed.
- Add 12 cubes of homemade paneer and 2 tablespoons of cream to the paste and mix gently.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Create a flavorful curry with some garam masala and coriander leaves.
- Make monsoon evenings more fun with the fusion of spicy Kadai paneer and Naan.