Make monsoon evenings better with Kadai Paneer – Recipe inside
Kadai Paneer: Paneer cooked with bell peppers in a spicy masala sauce is a popular dish known as Kadai Paneer.
I remember ordering this dish at almost every Indian restaurant with regularity. It is one of the more popular and common dishes people order there as well.
Kadai is a deep-frying pan typically used in Indian cooking. It can be used to make dishes like stir-fries and anything else you want to deep fry.Fabulous And Nosh Recipes
This dish called Kadai Paneer is cooked in a Kadai, but it can also be cooked on a wok or other pan if you don’t have one. I did not cook this dish in a Kadai!
Paneer recipes are a particular favorite of vegetarians, especially those with a big appetite. One such distinctive and spicy recipe passes through is the Kadhai Paneer Recipe choice for the unique blending of spices into the soft and moist paneer.
Kadai paneer is a traditional dish from Indian cuisine. It is a paste of finely chopped leavened bread crumbs, milk, spices, and chopped onions that are tossed in hot oil with green chilies and then baked or served.
This dish has a creamy texture but is different from the other two recipes. Paneer butter masala is also a traditional dish from Indian cuisine which consists of ground ingredients like gram flour, fresh coriander leaves, ginger-garlic paste, ginger granules, and red chili powder. In this recipe, butter is whipped into the mixture which creates a saucy flavor like shahi paneer.
Ingredients for Kadai Paneer
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 dried Kashmiri red chili
For onion tomato paste:
- 1 onion
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tomato
- 3 clove garlic
For Kadai paneer gravy:
- ½ onion
- ½ capsicum
- 1 green chili
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp cream
- 12 cube paneer/cottage cheese
Methods for making Kadai Paneer
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat and cook the bay leaf, green chili, and Kasuri methi together until the spices are aromatic.
- Further, deep fry ½ cubed capsicum and ½ onion petals.
- Add a little turmeric and a little chili to add more flavor.
- Blend tomatoes, onions, and curry powders for Kadai Paneer.
- In addition, add ginger and prepared Kadai masala and 1 tsp salt.
- Make a great gravy by cooking until the oil starts to release.
- Now add 1-2 cups of water and adjust consistency as needed.
- Add 12 cubes of homemade paneer and 2 tablespoons of cream to the paste and mix gently.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Create a flavorful curry with some garam masala and coriander leaves.
- Make monsoon evenings more fun with the fusion of spicy Kadai paneer and Naan.