Instant Mac and Cheese Recipe – Fabulous homemade recipe
Mac and Cheese Recipe, There are few dishes as comforting as mac and cheese. Whether you grew up eating the boxed stuff or your mom made it from scratch, this classic dish is always a hit.
Making mac and cheese from scratch is actually quite easy, and it’s definitely worth the effort. This recipe uses a blend of sharp cheddar and Gruyere cheeses, and it’s finished with a crispy panko breadcrumb topping.
If you are a food lover the try this recipe you will never feel regret.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Mac and Cheese Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Read more Fabulous recipe News
Mac and Cheese Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- While the macaroni is cooking, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Add the salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cheddar and Gruyere cheeses, and whisk until melted.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and add it to the cheese sauce.
- Pour the mac and cheese into a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the mac and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Mac and Cheese Stats
Mac and cheese is thought to have originated in the United States, and there are many regional variations. The dish gained popularity during the Great Depression, as it was a cheap and easy way to feed a family. It became even more popular during World War II, when rationing made it difficult to get other ingredients.
In the early 1950s, Kraft introduced a boxed mac and cheese that quickly became a staple in American households. Today, there are countless variations on the classic dish, from simple home-cooked versions to gourmet restaurant creations.
According to a survey conducted by the National Pasta Association, mac and cheese is the second most popular type of pasta dish in the United States, behind spaghetti and meatballs. The survey also found that mac and cheese is most popular with kids and young adults.
How to serve
Mac and cheese can be enjoyed as is, or it can be served with a variety of toppings. Some popular toppings include bacon, bread crumbs, and green onions. It can also be served with a variety of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or a simple green salad.
Best time to eat
Mac and cheese is a great dish for any time of day. It makes a delicious breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s also the perfect comfort food for a rainy day or when you’re feeling under the weather.