Your favourite homemade mashed potatoes that are creamy and delicious
Our most loved homemade mashed potatoes recipe that uses peeled potatoes with creamy texture. In today’s recipe, we will tell you how to add the milk and herbs and how long to cook them until they’re creamy and delicious.
Although you could consider this an everyday dish and also one that you could modify based on what you have on hand in your refrigerator.
This recipe is also ideal for hosting or for festive meals. It’s the most comfort food you can find. It’s very popular with the crowd.
However, making the perfect potato can be a challenge. This is why we are going to show the best mashed potato recipe ever. It’s easy to make too.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Mashed Potatoes Recipe Ingredients:
- 500 gms potatoes
- 2 cups water to boil potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk + 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp butter
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 to 3 tsp fresh herbs or mixed herbs
- Black pepper as per your taste
How to Prepare:
- Rinse all the potatoes thoroughly and rinse the water with colander. Peel the potatoes.
- Chop all the potatoes into 1.5 inch cubes.
- Take a pan and place chopped potatoes onto it.
- Add some salt and 2 cups of water and stir well.
How to Cook:
- Cover the pan with lid and keep the pan on medium low heat to cook the potatoes.
- In short intervals, check the potatoes to be softened only. They should not fall apart.
- You can check it by piercing the knife or fork. If the fork passes through the potato without any resistance then they are perfectly cooked.
- Drain the water well with the help of a colander.
- In the same pan add ½ cup + 2 tsp milk with butter and finely chopped and minced garlic. You can add garlic when you are boiling the potatoes.
- On a medium low flame begin the heat and stir all the ingredients occasionally. The butter will melt. Heat it well until the mixture becomes hot.
- Switch off the flame and add some potatoes to the pan.
- Remove the pan from the flames and begin to mash the potatoes with the potato masher.
- Mash till the potatoes get smooth and fluffy and in light consistency. You can add some butter and more warm milk to get the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle some freshly crushed black pepper and a little bit of salt.
- Add 2 to 3 tsps of mixed herbs to it. Check the taste, add some more salt, pepper and mixed herbs if required.
- With the help of spatula, place the mashed potatoes into the serving bowl and garnish them with some chopped parsley and small cubes of butter.
- Your delicious and buttery mashed potatoes are ready.
Related Recipe News:
- Pie crust recipe for a sweet desert
- Cinnamon roll recipe for your Good Mornings
- How To Make The Perfect Taco Soup Recipe In 10 Minutes
- How To Cook The Perfect Hummus Recipe With This Easy Trick
- Chicken Soup Recipe That Will Heal Your Soul
Creamy homemade Mashed Potatoes are a great option for a side dish on any time or day of the week! The steps are simple to follow and include simple ingredients such as butter and simple herbs, milk along with the option of adding garlic or Parmesan cheese! It’s simple, pure and delicious.
With our recipe, you can have the perfect potato to mash with your gravy of choice! It’s impossible to make a mistake with the classic foods recipe!