Easy and Spicy Matar Paneer Recipe: Perfect Vegetarian Dish
Matar paneer recipe: This exotic homemade Matar paneer is a family recipe spiced to excellence with Indian cottage cheese combined with green peas that are mashed, along with lots of spices. It is also called matar paneer ki sabji in Hindi.
I have been making this recipe for a long time. I originally learned how to make it at my family’s home in Punjab, India – an easy, classic Punjabi recipe that is minimal, simple, and fuss-free!
You can go anywhere in the world, and light up people’s faces with matar paneer in their mouths.Fabulous Nosh And Recipes
This family matar paneer recipe is not an elaborate restaurant-style Matar paneer. It is much simpler, which leads to a more comforting, homey feel.
I provide you with three tips on how to make this dish – in the Instant Pot and in a pan or skillet on the stove-top. With step-by-step photos, I show you how to cook it in style.
One of the most versatile dishes in North Indian cuisine is Matar Paneer, a dish with peas and Indian paneer. I am sharing my family’s recipe for it, always an easy and flavorful dish.
Ingredients for Matter Paneer:
Cashews: The rich, sweet taste of cashews makes this curry creamy and perfect for thickening. It is an optional ingredient, so you can skip it if you want a simpler version but the curry will still turn out rich and flavorful.
Spices: Use common Indian spices in this matar paneer recipe. Turmeric, coriander, cumin, garam masala, and Kashmiri red chili powder are some of the ingredients that you’ll need. If you don’t have dried fenugreek, it’s okay to omit it because there is no true replacement for it on hand.
Paneer: Paneer is a cheese made by curdling milk with lemon juice or vinegar for several hours and then pressing it until all the milk is removed. It can be easily found in grocery stores or readily available from specialty stores that sell Indian food, but you can also make this at home with our easy recipe!
Tomatoes: You can use either fresh or canned tomatoes. If using canned tomatoes, I recommend adding honey to balance the acidity.
Peas: Frozen green peas are a taste sensation in this week’s Curry With Peas recipe. It is important to allow the frozen peas to thaw on your kitchen counter while you prepare the ingredients and cook the curry together.
Read More –
Steps involved For Trying Matar Paneer Recipe:
- Saute Aromatics, Tomatoes & Spices For Mater Paneer Gravy Recipe.
- Add a few drops of oil and finely chopped onions.
- Cook for three minutes, until the onions are light brown in color. That’s it!
- Add chopped garlic, and ginger, and saute for a minute before adding tomatoes and spices.
- Add water, scrape together brown bits then cook for another minute. Stop Saute
- With the lid closed, pressure cook on High for 5 minutes.
- Wait until your cooker beeps to indicate.
- It’s done cooking and then follows its instructions for quick release.
- Blend the sauce with an immersion blender.
- If you do not fully cover the blender head with the sauce, carefully tilt and lift the pot to continue blending.
Serve and Enjoy
Turn on your saute function. Add fresh (not canned) tomatos, fresh peas and dried fenugreek to your pan and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. If your tomatoes are too acidic, add agave or sugar to the pot in order to balance their flavors.
Simmer the paneer, until it is soft and the peas are cooked through. Add in cilantro when the former is done cooking.