North Indian Matar Paneer Recipe That’ll Make You Salivate
This simple homestyle Matar paneer is a family recipe spiced to excellence with green peas and Indian cottage cheese. It’s as well known as matar paneer ki sabji in Hindi.
This dish consists of blocks of Indian cheese that have been minced and cooked with a tomato-based sauce. It is one of the most popular dishes in North Indian cuisine, which I often make.
Life is a combination of Matar and Paneer.Fabulous Nosh And Recipes
I have been making this recipe for years. I originally learned it at my in-laws’ home, a Punjabi recipe that was easy and simple to make.
This family-recipe Matar paneer doesn’t have any fancy sauces or spices – the recipe is more for the home. It’s absolutely delicious and has a special feel that makes it very comforting in your mouth!
A tasty and easy-to-prepare dish, Matar Paneer is a popular Indian curry that tastes great for lunch or dinner, regardless of the occasion. It is made from green peas, Indian cottage cheese, and sauteed onions cooked in rich tomato gravy.
Dishes like this paneer, affectionately associated with Indian restaurants can now be made in your own home, with a few instructions.
It’s a healthier option than other dishes like paneer butter masala, and paneer tikka masala. Matar paneer is less rich in taste and ingredients compared to these traditional dishes.
An Indian dish, most often found in restaurants around the world, but which can also be made at home with a certain degree of difficulty. Every family has its own way of making this popular dish.
When it’s cold outside, typically in the winter months, most people like to eat fresh green peas. But in India during this time of year, they’re readily available.
Ingredients for Matar Paneer
- 2 Cups Paneer
- 2 cups Green peas
- 3-4 Green chilies
For the gravy:
- 2 cups Onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper, powdered
- 1/2 cup Tomato, grated
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds, powdered
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
Try Out Other Recipes As Well:
Instructions for making Matar paneer
- Mix the onions, garlic, and ginger to a puree.
- The cumin seeds, bay leaves, and onion paste are added to the heated oil. The sautéing process includes browning the onion paste and turning the mixture into a rich mixture of oil and vegetables.
- Add tomatoes, salt, garam masala, turmeric, coriander powder and red pepper to the mixture and deep fry until the fat separates from the mixture.
- Add the green chilies, paneer, and peas to the vegetables, and then cook over a high flame so that all of the vegetables are glossy.
- Simmer two cups of water and boil it for 10 Minutes.
- Finally, the matar paneer is ready to serve.