Mind-blowing meatball recipe – that all will love to eat
There’s something about a meatball recipe that’s just so comforting. They’re perfect for everything from a casual family dinner to a more formal affair. And while there are a million different ways to make them, we think this recipe is the perfect starting point.
This recipe yields about 24 meatballs, so feel free to halve it if you’re cooking for a smaller group. And while we love serving these meatballs with a classic marinara sauce, they’d be just as delicious with creamy gravy or a tangy BBQ sauce.
The first recorded mention of meatballs dates back to the 5th century AD. In his work De Re Coquinaria, Roman chef Apicius includes a recipe for Alicia omental, or meatballs in a garlic tomato sauce.
Life is like a bowl of spaghetti. Every once in a while, you get a meatball.Sharon creech
Since then, meatballs have been enjoyed by people all over the world. In Sweden, they are traditionally served with lingonberry jam. In Greece, they are often made with ground lamb or pork and topped with a lemon-egg sauce. And in America, they are most commonly served with a tomato-based sauce.
No matter how they are prepared, meatballs are a delicious and versatile dish that is sure to please everyone at the table.
Ingredients for Meatball recipe:
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
Instructions for making meatball recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, egg, and milk. Mix well.
3. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Serve with your favorite sauce.
-In the United States, meatballs are traditionally made from beef.
-Other popular meats used in meatballs include pork, lamb, turkey, chicken, and veal.
-There are many regional variations of meatballs, with each culture putting its own twist on the dish.
-The average meatball is about 1-2 inches in diameter.
-The world’s largest meatball weighed in at over 1,000 pounds!
How to serve
There are endless possibilities when it comes to serving meatballs. Here are a few of our favorites from the meatball recipe:
• Serve with a classic marinara sauce and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• Make a meatball sub by stuffing them into a hoagie roll with some sauce and mozzarella cheese
• Serve over some creamy mashed potatoes
• Use them as an appetizer! Serve with a dipping sauce like ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, or even a sweet and sour sauce
Best time to eat
There’s really no wrong time to enjoy meatballs. They’re perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, or you can dress them up for a more formal occasion. However you choose to enjoy them, we hope you love this recipe!