Momos Recipe: Best Mesmerising Experience Your Palate Will Ever Have
Momos recipe: Regardless of whether you are from Delhi or not, there is one food incredibly available in every nook and corner of the city- momos. Originated in Tibet, these tiny packets stuffed with veggies, chicken, or meat are a crowd-pleaser and the perfect snack for when you want a light meal from your tray. From steamed momos to gravy momos, tandoori momos and more, you can find varieties of Momos in Delhi.
With spicy dips and sauces, these little steamed dumplings can’t be beaten. Here’s the recipe for momos chutney and an easy recipe for steam-fried chicken momos.
Ingredients For Momos Recipe
For the outer layer:
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp besan
- to taste salt
Prepare your Palate for Mesmerising experience.
- For this particular recipe, take refined flour, salt, and oil and mix them in a large bowl. Add water to the ingredients and then knead the dough until it comes together as one well-mixed ball. Let it rest for 12 minutes before forming the dough into sticks (about 1/2 inch thick).
Prep the stuffing
- Heat oil in a cauldron, and add garlic and onions. Saute well until the onion turns translucent.
- Add cabbage, carrot, salt and black pepper powder to the mix. Mix it up so, all the things are mixed well. Cover it and then cook until it softens.
- After 20 minutes, the rice dough will be ready to use. Take some of the dough and place it between your palms and form it into a ball.
- Take about a spoon of stuffing and place it in between the dough.
- To create dumplings, you want to use your fingers to draw in the dough and then pluck one side to the other. Make sure that the dumpling is sealed by using your fingers. Repeat this process for each dumpling.
- Add the momos to the steamer and let them steam for 10 minutes, at some distance from one another.
- Some spices are extremely difficult to measure so here is a general rule of thumb
- After placing the momos in the marinade, let them rest for an hour.
- Now preheat the oven to 392*F for 10 minutes. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make moms and freeze them to eat at a later date.
- Place them in the oven for 10 minutes to char and serve with a sweet and sour dip that is topped with an Indian curry condiment.
With a new way to eat, you can beat the Monday blues by trying out this recipe. Let us know how it went below. Happy Snacking!