Tasty Paneer Lababdar At Home: Recipe
Paneer Lababdar: Indian restaurants may specialize in various types of curries and paneer dishes, the most popular being this dish that is made with Paneer, cream, and spices.
My Punjabi-style paneer lababdar does not rely heavily on the use of nuts like in many traditional Mughlai dishes. Instead, onions and tomatoes are added along with a blend of spices that include ground coriander, cumin, and black cardamom pods.
Paneer lababdar is a dish you always love making for special occasions or festival days. Its richness and creaminess will wow you every time. Perfectly apt to make for festive occasions.
Delicious Food is art and science. So, you take something out, you have to work with the recipe to make sure that you’re providing delicious food with fulfilling tastebuds.Fabulous Nosh And Recipes
Ingredients for Paneer Lababdar
For Tomato-Cashew Paste
- 2 to 3 garlic
- ½ cup water
- 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes, 250 grams
- 10 to 12 cashews
- 1 green cardamom
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1 tej patta
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder or Kashmiri red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 or 1.25 cups water or add as required
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup low-fat cream or 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sugar or add as required
- 1 tablespoon Butter added later
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 or 2 green chilies or serrano peppers
- Salt as required
- 200 grams Paneer
- 2 tablespoon grated paneer
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
Instructions to make Paneer Lababdar
Prepare a homemade tomato-cashew paste
- Put some chopped tomatoes, cashews, ginger, garlic, green cardamom, cloves, and water in a pan. Use tomatoes that are not too tangy or sour.
- Switch on the flame, simmer this dish on low flame
- Cook the tomatoes until they are softened, then add some more water if necessary.
- Let the mixture become warm or cool completely and add to a blender.
- Blend to a smooth paste without chunks or pieces. You may add some water if required while blending.
Sauteing the blened Paste.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add the tej patta and saute it for some time and add onions to it.
- Then, continue to saute and stir the onion until they become light golden in color.
- Add the tomato-cashew-spices paste, stirring well to prevent splatter.
- Put coriander powder, cumin powder, and red chili powder.
- saute this masala. You will see the masala clumping.
- Saute till you see oil getting separated from the sides of the masala paste.
Other Worth Trying Recipes:
How to make this delicious Paneer Lababdar
- Add water and mix it well
- Add green chilis
- Add salt and sugar, stir and allow the gravy to come to a simmer, then season to taste.
- Add paneer cubes.
- To this, add Kasuri methi, and garam masala. Stir it again to incorporate the garam masala.
- Finally, add your cream or heavy whipping cream and whisk until you have a nice mixture. Switch the heat off and stir well.
- Garnish paneer lababdar with chopped coriander leaves and ginger julienne.
Serve with chapati, tandoori roti, or naan. It also goes well with cumin rice or veg pulao.