Unexpected Ingredient That Will Elevate Your Pecan pie recipe
Unexpected Ingredient That Will Elevate Your Easy Pecan pie recipe, Pecan pie is a dessert that is typically made with a pastry crust and a filling of pecans, sugar, eggs, butter, and corn syrup. The pie is often served during the holidays, and it is a popular choice for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pecan pie is believed to have originated in the southern United States, and the first recipe for the pie was published in a cookbook in the late 1800s.
The pie became more popular in the early 1900s, and it has been a staple of American cuisine ever since.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
There are many different ways to make pecan pie, and the ingredients can vary depending on the recipe. Some recipes call for dark corn syrup, while others use light corn syrup. Some pies are made with a mixture of both.
This homemade Pecan pie recipe is typically served with whipped cream or ice cream, and it can also be garnished with chocolate shavings or pecan halves.
Read more Fabulous recipe News
Classic Pecan pie recipe Ingredients:
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pecan pie recipe Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the pecans in the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Pour the melted butter into the sugar mixture, and whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla extract, and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the pecans in the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
One slice of pecan pie (1/8 of an 8-inch pie) has approximately:
- 410 calories
- 21 grams of fat
- 13 grams of saturated fat
- 0 grams of trans fat
- 60 grams of carbohydrates
- 42 grams of sugar
- 3 grams of protein
- 220 milligrams of sodium
How to serve
Pecan pie is typically served at room temperature or slightly chilled. If you want to serve it warm, you can reheat it in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 10 minutes.
Pecan pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Best time to eat
Pecan pie is best eaten within a few days of being made. The longer it sits, the more the filling will start to soften and the crust will become soggy.