Secret Ingredient That Will Change Your Pot Roast recipe
Pot roast recipe, A pot roast is a beef dish that is typically made by braising beef in a pot with vegetables. The beef is usually browned in a pan before being added to the pot.
The pot roast is a dish that has been around for centuries. It is believed to have originated in Europe, and it has been a popular dish in the United States since the 1800s.
The pot roast is a versatile dish that can be made with different cuts of beef, as well as different types of vegetables. Pot roast is often served with potatoes and carrots, but other vegetables, such as onions, celery, and garlic, can also be used.
The pot roast is usually cooked in a oven-proof pot or Dutch oven. The pot is covered and the roast is cooked slowly over low heat for several hours. This allows the beef to become very tender and the vegetables to become cooked through.
Once the pot roast is cooked, it can be served with the vegetables or shredded and served on a sandwich. leftovers can also be used to make beef stew or soup.
The pot roast is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal.
It is a dish that can be made ahead of time and reheated, so it is perfect for busy weeknights.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Pot Roast recipe Ingredients:
- 1 (3-4 pound) chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
Read more fabulous recipe News
Pot Roast recipe Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large oven-proof pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chuck roast to the pot and brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic, beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, bay leaves, thyme, and black pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and bake in the oven for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is very tender.
- Add the potatoes to the pot during the last hour of cooking.
- When the pot roast is cooked, remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve the pot roast with the vegetables.
One serving of pot roast (1/6 of recipe) has 546 calories, 36 grams of fat, 12 grams of saturated fat, 96 mg of cholesterol, 10 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber, 3 grams of sugar, and 35 grams of protein.
How to serve
Pot roast is typically served with the vegetables that it was cooked with. It can also be shredded and served on a sandwich or in a soup or stew.
Best time to eat
Pot roast is a hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal.