Easy Potato Salad Recipe: How To Make Potato Salad From Scratch
I enjoy making various recipes with potatoes and have shared many of those recipes on my blog. This potato salad is a favorite of mine because it is so easy to make and tastes great.
My recipe for the classic American salad of potato includes an egg-free mayonnaise that makes this a vegetarian variation. For a vegan version, just use vegan mayonnaise in place of the egg.
I enjoy making various recipes with potatoes and have shared many of those recipes on my blog. This salad is a favorite of mine because it is so easy to make and tastes great.
Potatoes combine nicely with both mayonnaise and sour cream. I love the quick and delicate flavor of a mayonnaise salad or a cucumber yogurt dill potato salad.
With homemade or store-bought egg-free or vegan mayonnaise, you can make this yummy, creamy dressing. If you lack the requisite mayonnaise for the recipe, seek out a brand that is good and tastes incredible.
This potato salad has a light and fresh taste that works well as a main dish or side with your meal.Fabulous Nosh And Recipes
I always make Salad Recipes to go with my meals as they are rich in fiber, protein, and vitamins and add to the overall nutrition of the meal.With the right knowledge of a dish, you can create amazing and healthy pairings.
Ingredients for Potato Salad
- Klondike Goldust potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes – or use Russets
- Freeze pickle relish
- Yellow mustard – or 1 part yellow + 1 part dijon
- Mayonnaise – your favorite brand
- Sweet onion – diced
- Celery seeds
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Celery stalks – diced
- Fresh chopped dill
Method for making Potato Salad
- Place the potatoes in the saucepan and add water to cover.
- Cover and heat until boiling, then lower to a simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, drain and cool them off before serving.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, celery, and onion. Toss in eggs (Optional). Season with paprika. Let’s chill for a least 4 hours.
One of the things I like about this salad is that you can make a good one without needing a lot of effort. You just need potatoes, mayonnaise, celery, dijon mustard, and green onions to make it authentically good.
I love using Yukon Gold potatoes in my potato salad, but you can use any type of potato for this recipe. My dad likes to use russet potatoes in his salad. This recipe uses sour cream as a binder making it extra creamy.