Pumpkin Pie Recipe: Unique Method To Cook
Pumpkin Pie Recipe: You have a choice with making pumpkin pie: you can use canned pumpkin purée or make your own. You can either roast, cook, and press the pulp of a sugar pumpkin before removing the skin, or you could use roasted butternut squash or pumpkin seeds that have been soaked in vodka.
Using canned pumpkin purée to make your own pumpkin pie recipe is an easy and reliable way to get a consistent, tasty result. Homemade pumpkin pie can give you the flavor you want with less hassle but it takes time and effort to face this process.
You can go anywhere in the world, and people’s faces light up when they put pumpkin pie in their mouths.Fabulous Nosh And Recipes
As part of an experiment, my friend Chamu asked me to taste pies made with canned pumpkin and that made by purging roasted sugar pumpkin. I found the pie with canned pumpkin to be sweeter but it felt more artificial.
The adults enjoyed the pie made with roasted pumpkin, and the children along with their families did too. It went without saying that they all ate their fill of pie; whipped cream was also shared amongst each family.
When people think of pumpkin spice, they are really thinking about the spices in a pumpkin pie recipe. That includes cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and cloves or allspice. Either choice would work.
We add a small quantity of ground cardamon to our pumpkin spice mix. An eighth of a teaspoon is enough to sparkle your pumpkin pies, which might otherwise lack flavor.
Ingredients For Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or 1 (12-ounce) can evaporate milk
- 2 cups homemade pumpkin purée or 1 (15-ounce can) pumpkin purée
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 homemade pie crust, or 2 frozen premade pie shells
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Read More –
Steps to make Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Prepare the crust: For a homemade crust, you’ll need to freeze it at least 30 minutes beforehand. Or it is even better if you let it freeze for about 2 hours. To use store-bought frozen pie crusts, simply unwrap them. You would need two of them.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 218°C. Position a rack in the bottom.
- Make the filling: Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and a pinch of lemon zest. Add the pumpkin purée and cream to the mixture. Beat until combined. The mixture will be runny but will be set up in the oven.
- Fill the pie shell and bake: Pour the filling into 1 or 2 chilled homemade deep-dish pie crusts or premade frozen pie shells. Then bake at a high temperature of 218°C for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- After 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 176°C. The pie is cooked when a knife tip inserted in the center comes out wet but relatively clean.
- The center should be just barely jiggly. In order to make one deep-dish pie, it takes 55 more minutes, while two shallow pies need 40 more minutes of baking. The pumpkin pie will rise from the oven and then collapse as it cools.
- Cool the pie on a rack, then serve: cool the pumpkin pie with a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream: With the right temperature, you can store pumpkin puree in the fridge for up to 3 days. The pumpkin puree will come to room temperature before being served, but it should be done no more than 4 hours.
- After cooling and cooking, place pie slices in an airtight container or wrap a whole, cooled pie in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator and let come to room temperature before serving.