Authentic Saag Paneer Recipe like Restaurant Style at Home!
Authentic Saag Paneer Recipe, Saag paneer is a vegetarian Indian dish made with curried greens, paneer or cottage cheese, or paneer cheese. But now it’s time to make authentic saag paneer at home. It is a very nutritious and tasty recipe for dinner and lunch.
Saag in India is a generic term for ‘greens’. Although it is commonly believed that saag refers to spinach, the actual meaning is very broad. Saag in India can contain spinach (palak), mustard leaves (sarson), purslane, chenopodium (bathua), and fenugreek (methi) leaves. You can also add tender radish leaves and beet greens to it.
The dish is a popular Indian dish that you may have tried at a restaurant.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
You can make it with different flavors. Paneer is loved by Indians and you can add it in the green spinach to make it authentic. This becomes a healthy recipe overall after cooking. It is a blend of different spices, and aroma of cheese and palak. Let’s check the steps of cooking saag paneer.
Read more Fabulous recipe News
Ingredients: Saag Paneer Recipe
- 150 gms of Indian Cottage Cheese
- 3 ½ cup of palak (spinach)
- 2 tsp oil or butter
- 2 less spicy green chili
- ¾ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped or puree
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt as per your taste
- 8 to 10 cashew nuts
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp kasuri methi
- 3 tsp cream (optional)
- ⅛ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 4 Cardamoms
- 2 cloves
How To Prepare Palak for cooking:
- Pluck young spinach leaves and discard the hard stems as they are of bitter taste. If you are using baby spinach, you can use stems as well.
- Take a big bowl of water and rinse all the leaves well and drain them all with a colander.
- Wait until all the water drains.
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Saute green chiles, spinach and cashews for 3 to 4 minutes until leaves wilt off thoroughly and the raw smell goes away.
- Cool this completely and blend the leaves with spices with ¼ cup of water to make smooth puree.
How to Cook:
- Take the same pan and add 1 tsp of butter and ½ tsp oil and add cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and cardamoms to butter once it melts.
- Cook the spices for 30 seconds and add onions and fry them until they become transparent to golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it for around 1 to 2 minutes until its raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes with some salt. Saute until it becomes mushy.
- Add garam masala and saute it for a while.
- Add ¾ cup of water to the prepared curry and cook until onions become soft completely.
- Lower the flame and add kasuri methi and pureed spinach to it and mix well. Cook till it becomes bubby for around 2 to 3 minutes. The curry seems thick, add some hot water to it.
- Avoid overcooking and add paneer to the curry and mix well. Turn off the heat and remove the pan and serve it.
This spinach and paneer curry is a simple, flavorful vegetarian side dish or main course with chapati, roti, and paranthas. Try our recipes and let us know about your experience.