Samosa Recipe – Step by Step Procedure on How To Make Samosa
Samosa Recipe – Step by Step Procedure on How To Make Samosa: Who does not like all purpose flour samosas made by filling potatoes and spices in a crispy layer from outside? Samosa is one of the simplest yet very tasty snack material and deep fried recipe that is very popular in India. It is made of Potato and all purpose flour and served with red and green chutneys.
It doesn’t matter when you eat it as Samosa has no time boundation in India as It can be eaten in your breakfast, evening tea, late night snack. You can eat it whenever you feel hungry. Even if you don’t feel hungry, you can still eat it by looking at the samosa as you will not control your craving to eat it.
On rainy days, pakoras and samosas are more fun when you have tea. You can sit by the window and watch the rain while sipping tea and having hot samosas.
The spices used in this are very simple which are easily available at our home. Everyone likes its spicy taste. People of all ages like to eat samosas. People eat Samosa with different varieties like some like it in its original form with different chutneys, others have it with curd, more spices, and chole by making it in the form of chaat. You can eat it according to your taste and because of its variations, it is one of the most popular street foods in India.
- Pie crust recipe for a sweet desert
- Cinnamon roll recipe for your Good Mornings
- How To Make The Perfect Taco Soup Recipe In 10 Minutes
- How To Cook The Perfect Hummus Recipe With This Easy Trick
- Chicken Soup Recipe That Will Heal Your Soul
Making one of the most popular street foods, including stuffed samosas is not difficult at all. Try making them with your evening tea today with our brilliant recipe and give your views in the comment section.
Ingredients to make dough
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Tsp Carom seeds
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Oil
- ½ Cup Water
Ingredients for Samosa filling
- 4 Boiled Mashed Potato
- 5 chopped Cashews
- 2 Raisins
- 2 Tsp Chopped Coriander
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ Tsp Crushed Coriander
- ½ Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Finely chopped Ginger
- 1 Tsp Finely chopped Green Chilly
- ½ Cup Boiled Peas
- ½ Tsp Kashmiri Red Chillies
- ½ Tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ Tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- ½ Tsp Amchur
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- ¾ Tsp Salt
Samosa Recipe Note:-
- Water to close the lining of Samosa
- Oil to Deep Fry
How to prepare Samosa Dough
- Take a large bowl and take 2 cups of all purpose flour. You can take wheat flour as an alternative.
- Now add carom seeds and salt and mix well.
- Now add ¼ cup of oil and mix the all purpose flour well and mix. Don’t hesitate to add the oil, as this is most important for making the samosas crusty.
- Now mix it well and take care that the dough starts taking shape. Add 1/4 cup of water to it and start kneading the dough.
- Knead a hard dough adding water as required. Now cover the dough with oil and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
Procedure To Make Stuffing
- First of all, take 2 tsp oil in a frying pan and add 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp whole coriander, ½ tsp fennel seeds and a pinch of asafoetida and fry lightly.
- Apart from this, add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger and 1 chili to it.
- Now add ½ cup peas to it and fry lightly for 2 minutes.
- Furthermore, add ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder,½ tsp amchur, ½ tsp garam masala,¼ tsp black pepper and ¾ tsp salt. Now cook on low flame till the aroma of spices comes out.
- Then, add 4 boiled mashed potatoes to it. Keep mashing and mixing until the spices are well combined.
- Now add 5 cashew nuts, 2 tbsp raisins and 2 tbsp coriander. Mix it well and keep it aside to rest.
Samosa Filling, Folding and Shaping
- After 20 minutes, knead the dough again a bit.
- Now take a ball sized dough and apply oil on it. Roll the dough into an egg or oval shape.
- Now with the help of a knife, cut it horizontally (transversely) into two equal parts right from the middle.
- Now make a cone by applying water on it. Press gently so that it seals properly.
- Now fill 2 tbsp samosa stuffing in this cone.
- Now apply some water on the edges.
- Now pull it back and make a pleat. This is very important because it is the backbone of the samosa, which helps the samosa to stand.
- Now seal it by pressing firmly. You can also freeze it at this stage in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
How to Deep Fry Samosa Recipe
- First, heat oil in a pan and deep fry the samosas on low flame. Alternatively, you can preheat the oven and then bake the samosas in it for 40 minutes at 180 degree celcius.
- Keep stirring them occasionally, and fry on low heat for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the potato samosas become golden and crisp, take them out on kitchen paper.
- Finally, enjoy aloo samosa with green chutney and tamarind chutney.