Shahi Paneer: Restaurant Style Shahi Paneer Recipe
If you are a vegetarian, there is one thing on your list that will make it an instant favorite- cottage cheese. Hence, we have created a delicious shahi paneer recipe that people from all over the world can savor with delight.
Shahi Paneer Recipe has the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors, with a creamy texture. Try this easy Shahi Paneer Recipe that has step-by-step images and expert tips. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
This is a recipe made from a Mughli dish, Shahi Paneer. It’s one of the most popular dishes in India, and there are many restaurants or dhabas that offer it on their menu. This buttery shahi paneer recipe can be partnered with rice or naan.
This Mughlai Shahi Paneer originated in the royal kitchen and is typically made using a lot of curd or yogurt.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Shahi Paneer is loved by all generations and will become a favorite instantly. This dish can also be made for any occasion or to celebrate festivals. Try it with any type of bread you like.
Ingredients of Shahi Paneer
- 1-inch ginger
- 500 gm paneer
- 3 green cardamom
- 1 teaspoon red chili
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3 green chili
- Salt as required
- Water as required
- 1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
- 2 onion
- 6 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cashews
Methods of Making Shahi Paneer
- Chop the onion, tomatoes, and green chilies, along with ginger and coriander leaves separately.
- Add the whisked curd and blend it well. You can as well use tomato puree in spite of chopped tomatoes if you are in a rush.
- To make this shahi paneer recipe extra flavorful, bake the spices separately and then add them to your gravy. This will deepen the flavors of your dish.
- Grind cashews and almonds separately, before making almond and cashew paste.
- Put a pan on medium heat, and sautée onions, ginger, and green chiles for 4 to 5 minutes. Add cardamoms to the mix.
- Before cooking anything else, mix the tomato puree into one side of the pan and cover. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes then add in the blended curd. Cook for another 5 minutes then add a cup of water to the pan. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add hot sauce to the glass bowl and blend until smooth. When the mixture is cool enough, it is time to add it to the mixer jar and blend again until smooth.
- Heat the remaining ghee in another pan, then add gravy to it before adding chili powder, garam masala powder, cashews and almonds. Add salt to taste.
- Add the paneer cubes when it starts boiling and let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Have the paneer cut into cubes, and use two cubes for garnish.
- Garnish this delicious North Indian paneer dish with some chopped cilantro and grated paneer. You can make it creamier by adding some real, fresh cream too.
- This dish will make your food not only look appetizing but also have an added taste to it. It is recommended that you serve it while hot with either room roti or naan bread as well.