The Best Way to Make Greek Spinach Pie Spanakopita Recipe
Spanakopita Recipe, a Greek god of a spinach pie. It is made from perfectly flaky phyllo dough, with a filling of spinach and special feta cheese. You can only use good quality feta cheese, because for spanakopita, no other cheese quality. However, if you don’t know what phyllo dough is, it’s basically layers of tissue-thin pastry dough. You can find it in stores in the freezer next to puff pastry and pie crust. Or you can make it at home with some effort.
If you have not tasted spanakopita in your life, you should try it once as it is a healthy and very tasty recipe.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
It is one of the most light lunches which you can serve with tomato salad. You can make it in a big pie or in some triangle pastry forms. The main thing to remember when making this Spanakopita Recipe is that everything should be in dried form. You should reduce all the water content as it is ultimately in the pastry form.
- 1 kg spinach fresh
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 300 gm crumbled feta cheese
- 25 gm chopped dill
- 3 springs chopped oregano
- 50 gm bulgur wheat
- 2 beaten eggs
- 250 gm filo pastry
- Oil for brushing
How to cook Spanakopita Recipe:
- Wash the spinach and trim it nicely and chop roughly. Take a colander and put spinach in it with sprinkling some salt over it. Massage it well until it wilts.
- Take a frying pan and fry the red onions and collect them in another bowl.
- Take off the heat and stir fry spring onions.
- Take a large bowl and put feta in it with herbs and bulgur.
- Squeeze out all the liquid and stir it into the feta mix and add eggs slowly. Add zest, 1 tsp oil, grated nutmeg and mix well. Season with salt and herbs lightly.
- Heat the oven for 200 degrees C or 390 F.
- Take a baking pan of around 35cm * 25cm and grease it with olive oil. Line filos all over the baking pan and brush each sheet with oil and do not press the sheets. Leave the excess filo overhanging on the sides.
- Put the filling with the help of a spoon onto the filos to the top and repeat the layering process with the remaining pastry folds. Fold all the overhanging filos inwards and after that bake it for around 30 to 40 minutes until the pastry puffs and turns to golden color.
- Your dish is ready and serve it by cutting it into pieces.
The cheese in the spanakopita makes it creamy and the freshness of the herbs gives it a great flavor. It’s much easier to make spanakopita at your home than you might imagine! This recipe will make spanakopita exactly as you expect – a flaky, buttery crust stuffed with rich, cheesy goodness. This is a hearty, savory appetizer that will get rave reviews.