Classic Summer Dinner Ideas that become your comfort food
Summer Dinner Ideas, As we approach the sunny weekend we’re all in favor of recipes for summer meals that are easy to prepare. Do you have any summer dinner ideas to eat on a hot summer evening? It’s something easy, fresh, and packed with seasonal foods that are fresh and light. You’ve found the right spot. We have collected 2 of the most popular summer dishes ideas to make your dinner tasty.
For every person cooking is different, some people take it as why to satiate the hunger and some people take it as a art.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Vegetable Curry – Top Indian Summer Dinner Idea
This recipe uses buttermilk which makes it tasty with tangy creaminess. This recipe uses baby potatoes and cherry tomatoes and you can use different vegetables according to your taste, availability and requirement.
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup dried curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 thinly sliced large onion
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ cup of tomato puree
- Salt as per your taste
- 5 cups buttermilk
- Green chillies as per your taste minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Pepper only 1 pinch
- 2 cups baby red potatoes cut in half
How To Cook:
- Take a frying pan and place it on the stove over low heat.
- Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, and black mustard seeds. Toss these for about 15 seconds to become aromatic.
- Take a mortar and use pestle for these ingredients to crush.
- Place a large pot on medium heat and add some oil to it. Add ginger, garlic and onions to cook until they become soft for about 4 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, turmeric powder, garam masala, and cook continuously for 10 seconds.
- Add tomato paste and stir all the curry well.
- Add toasted spices into the tomato curry with salt and pepper, buttermilk, and potatoes and stir them well. Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the curry until potatoes become tender for about 45 minutes. Add some green chillies and green coriander for seasoning. Add salt some more if required.
Read more Fabulous Recipe
Try this One of the best Dinner Ideas Healthy and Delicious
Dosa Recipe: Crispy South Indian Dosa at Home
Vegetable Recipes: Try This Veggie Recipes to Lift Up Your Mood
Great Ideas For Lunch To Lift Your Mood Up
Sweet Lassi Recipe
This is one of the famous summer food ideas which gives your freshness with taste.
- 2 cups of plain yogurt or dahi fresh
- 3-4 tsps sugar
- ½ cup water or chilled milk
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- ½ tsp rose water
How to prepare:
- Add all the ingredients together into a large blender to make a smooth and frothy mixture with creamy flavor.
- Pour the mixture into the glasses and serve with seasoning like cherries, pomegranates on the top.
Note: Always use the chilled yogurt or water to the mixture to get instant chilled lassi. You can make lassi before about 2-3 hrs serving time and put it in the refrigerator.
These summer dinner ideas are great to cook. Vegetable curry is the best dinner idea to have something creamy and salty with the rotis or rice. You can serve the dinner with lassi for a refreshing and cooling effect. As spicy Indian dishes make you sweaty on the summer days, you can have sweet lassi to cool and soothe your palate. Lassi is good for digestion too. Use our recipe and tell us about your experience.