The Only Veg Biryani Recipe Resources You Will Ever Need
Veg biryani recipe: The stunning, hot, and gorgeous Summer months can be among the most difficult seasons for home cooks. When you see some Indian food dishes recipes on the internet, you want to make it for your family but it is very difficult in summer time. In reality, it’s exhausting.
Summer comes with varieties of different vegetables and food choices and veg biryani is one of them. In summer time, the veg biryani recipe is loved by everyone and you can prepare it for your family.
You’ll love this Indian food dish for anything from busy evening dinners to festive family meals.Fabulous Nosh and Recipes
Veg Biryani is a feast of exotic tastes, bright colors and delicious aromas in the pot of deliciousness. This vegetarian meal is an ideal and nutritious meal filled with delicious rice, veggies, crunch nuts, fragrant spices and herbs.
Veg Biryani Recipe – A delicious Dinner Recipe
It is a one pot of love which is simple to cook and very tasty in eating and you can make it in very less time for your family and friends. You can serve it with curd or raita.
Veg Biryani Recipe – Ingredients
- 1 cup rice (basmati) (soaked for 20 minutes)
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp chopped mint leaves
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp biryani masala
- 1 small tomato
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 ½ tsp oil
- 3 tsp curd
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 small potato in cubes
- 1 medium sized chopped carrot
- ⅓ cup green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 3 green cardamoms
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 star anise
- 10 cashews to garnish
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to cook
- Take a pressure cooker or heavy pot and add oil to it.
- Add bay leaf, cumin, star anise, cardamoms, cloves and saute them for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add sliced onions and green chillies and fry them until onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it for only 1 minute or less.
- Add all the vegetables and fry for at least 2 minutes and then add tomatoes with ⅛ tsp salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves, yogurt, red chili powder, biryani masala, and turmeric powder.
- Fry all the veggies on a high flame for 2 minutes until tomatoes become soft.
- Reduce the flame and after draining water from rice, spread rice layer over these veggies.
- Take a bowl and add ¼ salt to water and mix it well and pour this salted water across the edges sides of the pot.
- You can sprinkle some chopped coriander, fried onions with saffron water also but it is optional.
- Cover your cooker now and cook it for 1 whistle on a medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and release the pressure manually and open the lid and serve your biryani.
- If you cook in a pot, cover your pot and cook on a low flame until water is absorbed and turn off the stove and rest the biryani as it is for 10 minutes. Now serve your biryani hot.
- You can pour some lemon juice into your biryani and serve it with raita or salad.
Love and food can be two essential types of human nutrition. Combining them is an easy but vital practice. It is possible to live in love. It’s so much more than the emotion that we associate with love. It is the animate force of life, operating in accordance with principles that are much more extensive than our own. Veg Biryani is the food of love.
Cook this meal for your loved ones!