Veg Momos Recipe: Make Street style Momos at Home
Veg momos are made with basic cabbage, carrot, and onion dumplings steamed with a flour base. The dish is popular as street food in India, typically served with chutney.
India has taken all their neighbors’ recipes and uses them in their cuisine. And especially in areas of metropolitan cities, these alien dishes have been accepted as famous street food snacks. One such highly popular street food snack is momos, which can be made up of many different fillings. It is the most popular street food around the major cities.
Momos are a popular street-side food. They originate from Tibet and they’re always popular in India. Veg momos vary in taste, but the favorite ones are vegetables. You can find chicken, mutton, or both as well. Children like to eat this dish so it’s good to make them at home instead of buying them from a vendor. To make momos you need mastery of the technique which is easily learnable.
There is nothing in the world that a plate of Momos can’t fix!Fabulous And Nosh Recipes
Ingredients for Veg Momos
- 1 cup cabbage, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups maida
Steps to follow while making Veg Momos
- Add water to baking powder, salt, and the maida, and knead the mix well until a hardened dough forms.
- Add onion and garlic to the heated oil
- Turn the carrots and cabbage in oil over high heat until they are glossy.
- Take it off the heat and add in seasoning: soy sauce, salt, vinegar, and black pepper.
- The recipe advises rolling out dough and cutting it into circles.
- Make an egg round, wet the edges, and place a filling in the center.
- Grab the edges of the dough and bring them together over the filling. Twist to seal. Fill in any gaps as needed with small pieces of dough or filling.
- Steam for about ten minutes then serves with soya sauce and chili sauce.
Tips and Variations for Veg Momos
- You can customize the stuffing by choosing your favorite vegetables. Add mushrooms for a change of flavor.
- Eat momos while they are hot, or you will end up eating hard and rotten ones.
- You can use a pressure cooker instead of a steamer to make momos in the same manner that is described in the paragraph above. However, if you are using a pressure cooker, don’t steam the momos with the whistle on.
- Use a bamboo steamer to steam cook veg momos without letting water touch the food.
- Deep fry steamed momos to get them crispy.